"Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house." --Fran Lebowitz
"Willful ignorance comes at a price." --A. Tecacca

29 March 2014

When you're dumb enough not to buy a Mercedes.


Cadillac Car from Dreamgirls
Now, once upon a time
the Cadillac car represented the highest classes in America:
the pure unstained Wasp.
They never worried about the costs, no.

Then the Cadillac car was bought by the rising Jews
to show they were just as good and part of the scheme.
Now we've got the Cadillac taken over by our Negro brother
to prove he, too, belongs in the American dream.

I'm tryin' to tell you thus:
If the big white man can make us think
we need his Cadillac to make us feel good as him,
we can make him think
he needs our music to make him feel as good as us.

Ooh ee ooh ooh.
Got me a Cadillac, Cadillac, Cadillac,
Ooh ee ooh ooh.
got me a Cadillac car.
Oh, I got me a Cadillac, Cadillac, Cadillac,
Ooh ee ooh ooh.

Look at me, mister, I'm a star.

No comments: